Monday, July 12, 2010

Free labor: Training Period

I hate paying any more than absolutely necessary to hire help to get work done. I find that hired help requires so much training and supervision that I'm loathe to spend any money on such incompetent workers. Outside of using free interns, I've come up with a number of ways to extract more work from people for less money.

The first is using a lengthy unpaid training period. I actually assign a real work project during this "training period." During this ostensible training period, I'm effectively getting free labor out of the new hire. I even make completion of the training period (i.e. finishing the assigned project) a requirement for beginning paid work. It's a great way to both screen for employees that have any hope of working with me and getting work done for the company for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Joseph M. Scandura, incompetent moron, idiot, pompous, stupid, failure, asshole, arrogant, bullshit, micromanager of the year, technologically clueless, ignorant, condescending, senile, dementia

scandura@scandura.com
mailto:joescandura@comcast.net